Popular Posts

Monday, January 30, 2012

I am Number 4


I figured I will be the last one carrying many rhymes and wise twists from him to You
I was hoping I would not just be one of the many, many ways he tries to show you how much he cares.
I am sure you have seen quite a couple like me, and know in so many words what he thinks of you.
I was just hoping I would be different, and it turns out, I am!

This guy loves you, don’t ever get it twisted! He sits at work and just writes all these crazy   things about you, to you.
He goes back home and cannot wait to talk to you. He sees your face and immediately goes into caring and sexy mode.
This guy loves you – he has written all kinds of poems for you. I think if I were you, I will really love him too. I hope you do! And I think he knows that too.
This guy loves you - because no matter who is  around - friends or family - he almost always seems to  think, and find ways to talk, about you.

I am number 4.
I know I am the last, and I know I am supposed to be more than all the others, but I just simply can’t.
I , as number 4, decided to tell you in the most plain of languages that he thinks the world of you, writes of you, talks of you, and always wants you – your mind AND body.
He knows you pain, sees your fears, and hears the things you don’t say. He wants you, wants to protect you, wants to be your man, and hopes you will be his woman.

I sometimes hope I wasn’t the page, but the person, to whom he wrote. 'Cos the words he types sometimes makes me wanna tear (no pun intended).
Thing is, he never really tried too much , as he wrote Number 1, 2 and 3. But in writing me, he did struggle quite some.
I wondered why, but I realized it was because for once, he was just trying to be as  real as possible.
He realized it was far easier to write in rhyming couplets and quintuplets,  than to adequately give utterance to his myriad  of  feelings.
He found that he loved you a little more than his large array of words could try to articulate.

So here I am: Number 4. 
Written with no rhyme, as his love letter to you. Just so you will know, that all he wants to say is ‘I love you’.
I was hoping I will be the last of such writings to you but, who am I kidding?
I know he will write again someday; I know he will always try to tell you those feelings in more ways than one.
But all in all, I know he loves you like he never loved before… So please keep me really close to you, ‘cos I think I was the most authentic of them all.  
Number 4.

SOP - December 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment